Prospective clinic and home-based serial monitoring of cognition in relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis [Currently enrolling people without multiple sclerosis only]
Type of Study/Intervention
Form of MS
People without MS
The purpose of this study is to assess the feasibility and usability a computerized cognitive battery in clinic and home-based testing; and to track cognitive change outcomes longitudinally and assess the relationship of cognitive change to demographic, clinical and para-clinical variables. We are currently looking to enrol people without multiple sclerosis (the multiple sclerosis cohort is enrolled in clinic), who can perform the testing at home unaided.
The study duration is 24 months, with regular 1-3 monthly testing performed at home on your internet-connected computer or tablet. Home tests will take 5-10 minutes, and will include surveys assessing depression and your impression of the tests.
Inclusion criteria for non-MS only
- Aged 18 years or over
- An internet-connected home computer or tablet
- Ability to navigate the internet and self-administer the simple tasks
Exclusion criteria for non-MS only
- Visual impairment making it difficult to see screen detail
- Significant upper limb impairment making it difficult to use keys, touch screen or mouse.
- Known cognitive impairment and/or other neurological, psychiatric or unstable medical disease.
- Inability to provide informed consent for any reason
Anticipated start date
Daniel Merlo (03) 90949539 or [email protected]